Author Topic: Virtual 7 Hopes N Dreams  (Read 60918 times)

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual 7 Hopes N Dreams
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2014, 08:31:51 PM »
I thought word on the street was it was Eddie G
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

The SRG B-O double S, your 2 minute man, always rollin, never trollin, straight out of GrandMachines basement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-going-over-srg-universe

”Going Over” is live 2/23/20

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2014, 08:33:13 PM »
My bad. Didn't realize its just for current talent. A Paul Heyman remake could be interesting. Remove the GM-ness. Make it a stable but include him not just the wrestlers. Or as a faction. Im sure Cesaro will be in a set so some support for him, Brock obviously, even something for Punk if needed and one for Heyman would round out nicely. You know, instead of a faction why not make it an Alliance?

I dunno, that sounds dangerous.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:50 PM »
You know, instead of a faction why not make it an Alliance?

I see what you did there.
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
My bad. Didn't realize its just for current talent. A Paul Heyman remake could be interesting. Remove the GM-ness. Make it a stable but include him not just the wrestlers. Or as a faction. Im sure Cesaro will be in a set so some support for him, Brock obviously, even something for Punk if needed and one for Heyman would round out nicely. You know, instead of a faction why not make it an Alliance?

Ten points to ravenclaw
#NATEHATESME

The SRG B-O double S, your 2 minute man, always rollin, never trollin, straight out of GrandMachines basement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-going-over-srg-universe

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +320/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »

Ten points to ravenclaw

Oh, come on, I'm totally a Huffle- A Hufflep- OK, I can't say that with a straight face, I'm clearly a Ravenclaw through and through.  :laugh:

A Heyman remake as a non-GM could be interesting, BUT he'd still be an Enforcer guy. That seems like it's better for a support card than as a full-fledged remake.
"You're no fun." -Creed
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2014, 11:35:17 PM »
Oh, come on, I'm totally a Huffle- A Hufflep- OK, I can't say that with a straight face, I'm clearly a Ravenclaw through and through.  :laugh:

A Heyman remake as a non-GM could be interesting, BUT he'd still be an Enforcer guy. That seems like it's better for a support card than as a full-fledged remake.

I can say it with a straight face! Total Hufflepuff here.

I definitely would like to see a Heyman remake, perhaps with a Brock/Punk/Cesaro enforcer (The Beast, The Best, or The King?). Only question is, what would the remake be called? Aside from Paul E. Dangerously, I don't know of any other names that make sense. He called himself the advocate for Brock Lesnar, so The Devil's Advocate might work...
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +320/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2014, 11:57:22 PM »
An Enforcer guy remade as an Enforcer guy doesn't strike me as compelling gameplay, though. It's just an excuse to funnel Heyman five more cards, and giving Heyman more good specifics scares me a bit after the things that I did with Heyman back in Armageddon.

However, The Voice of the Voice of the Voiceless could be a Backstage or Storyline that strips his GM-ship and gives him a new Ability or archetype. Well, that, and I'm not the sole arbiter of what gets made and what doesn't. It's certainly interesting to think about!
"You're no fun." -Creed

Offline LordFa9

• TCO Donor
  • +229/-252
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2014, 05:33:03 AM »
An Enforcer guy remade as an Enforcer guy doesn't strike me as compelling gameplay, though. It's just an excuse to funnel Heyman five more cards, and giving Heyman more good specifics scares me a bit after the things that I did with Heyman back in Armageddon.

I do think It'll be interesting for Paul to be remade as a manager type superstar without any ECW/Foreign Object support or references but that's just me
WARNING: The above post is highly likely to be interpreted as a complaint or a show of ingratitude towards the RDPC. Read at own risk; viewer discretion is advised.

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2014, 04:40:36 AM »
After hitting the milestone of printing out over 25 virtual superstars and forming majority of decks in virtual format, I would really hope to see some cards that might encourage a heel/fan favorite and face/cheater deck. At least it wouldn't be so cliche anymore. Haha.

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2014, 05:49:21 AM »
After hitting the milestone of printing out over 25 virtual superstars and forming majority of decks in virtual format, I would really hope to see some cards that might encourage a heel/fan favorite and face/cheater deck. At least it wouldn't be so cliche anymore. Haha.

This.
#NATEHATESME

Offline king1050

• +5/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2014, 06:26:37 PM »
You could give him the dangerous alliance because if all three got together at the same time they'd be dangerous and it would reference his old stable

Offline Greatness

• +2/-3
  • "Something like a Wildcat; I Ball; John Wall"
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2014, 02:18:49 PM »
I rarely post but i wanted to jump in on this...

I'm pretty sure these guys should be locks- Shield, Cesaro, Bray Wyatt

Id like to see Revo Miz, Usos, Big E, and 3MB

Really Hoping for a Legend Edge and Damien Sandow
3 Kings- We taken Over

Offline majinsuperdustin

• +2/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2014, 05:51:00 AM »
Any chance of a Goldust & Stardust tag superstar in place of the brotherhood?
HBKHalfBlackKid

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2014, 07:34:09 AM »
Unlikely.  Making something that JUST showed up on TV doesn't work out very well, heh.

That said, there's two ways we could go... one, set aside the Rhodes Brothers in favor of another Superstar, and come back to them later.  Or two, go ahead and make them, then have a Backstage card that has you NOT pack Cody cards but you get something else instead, etc. 

We'll see how StarDust plays out though...

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Rebort

• +13/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 22, 2014, 10:47:54 AM »
Who else would be depressed if mcintyer didn't make it? Id honestly be more mad if 3mb was a superstar as much as i liked them. Slater would be part of four superstars and Drew - 1, and it's a tag team.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2014, 11:19:53 AM »
We already have a layout for Drew and Jinder, and Tim's great work made them both make me want to play 'em... :)

However, we already have 25 Superstars set for V7, but Drew/Jinder are slated for V8... which is becoming sort of an 'overflow' set, heh.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• +30/-24
  • Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2014, 07:27:39 AM »
With the last few weeks/months of announcements....I'm going to throw in what will probably be a Virtual 8 (if such thing ends up existing)

Solomon Crowe
Adrian Neville
Sami Zayn
Kalisto
Kevin Steen
KENTA
Prince Devitt
Bo Dallas

...upon typing all of that out. Wow, NXT might have the best roster in wrestling.
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline Commissioner D2

• Raw Deal Director of Cards
  • Global Moderator
  • +156/-151
  • Made @VelaCards happen
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2014, 12:48:04 PM »
You'll be rather pleased with the things we have in store for the future sets.
WWE Raw Deal Commissioner and Director of Cards
The Original Hardcore Mallet-Swinging Freak
#NateHatesMeToo
Official Outside Consultant of Team Niki Heber and Friends...and Mitch!
I made @VelaCards happen!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »
The major thing with these incoming names is that they have to actually SHOW UP on, at least, NXT.  :)  We do need pics after all, we won't just pull a bunch of indy pics to have a Steen Kevinson set (or whatever silly name they use for him in WWE).  Same with Solomon Crowe - I keep waiting to hear that Sami Callihan's finally on NXT, but oh well.

However, I'll hint you that Virtual 7 had a name change, and is now "Virtual 7: The NXT Generation".  ;)

(While not a flood of just NXT guys, nearly everyone has some affiliation with NXT at some point...)

EDIT:  By the way, the general idea is to finish up Virtual 7 before the end of the year, then probably switch gears and start playtesting Virtual Revolution 5 (name not confirmed, but I'm leaning toward 'Battleground'), then back to Virtual 8: Over the Limit.  V8 will be a bit of everything, from guys like McIntyre and Sin Cara who didn't make the V7 cut, to a few older names not with the 'E any longer, to a few legends we've always wanted to get into the game.  And one major spoiler I'll drop, which some of you will love.. Jeff Hardy remake.  ;)

Then, as mentioned before, Virtual 9: Attitude.  There's still a long way to go, but that's the general plan, anyway.

CREED
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:08:20 PM by CreedP »

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2014, 01:17:47 PM »
And what, no Vaudevillains? :D
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2014, 01:23:25 PM »
As long as I get to see Damien Sandow in Raw Deal someday I'll be happy.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2014, 02:15:29 PM »

By the way, the general idea is to finish up Virtual 7 before the end of the year...

;)

CREED

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2014, 02:34:59 PM »
And what, no Vaudevillains? :D

This, please. One of the best gimmicks I've seen in a while, especially if you attach William Regal to them as their manager. That team would be amazing.

THIS EVEN MORE THAN THE OTHER. Very happy to see the sly emoticon from Creed there.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline TheGreatWhiteDope

• +30/-24
  • Raw Deal Bullet Club
    • View Profile
    • World Wrestling Insanity
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »
Wait....

did Bo Dallas just get hot-shotted into Raw Deal before the end of 2014? I want to Bo-lieve!

Or will I just be lucky enough to get a Kassius Ohno set with no support ever afterward (superstar and KO is fine. I don't even care. Damn....no more Hero)
AotF
"If man should decide to dabble in my affairs, then guardians must intervene. But, should I come fourth to change the face of man with you there to challenge me then I shall return with the stars to destroy all I have made. Whether man or I present the danger will not be told in the coming"

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2014, 04:15:11 PM »
Wait....

did Bo Dallas just get hot-shotted into Raw Deal before the end of 2014? I want to Bo-lieve!

Or will I just be lucky enough to get a Kassius Ohno set with no support ever afterward (superstar and KO is fine. I don't even care. Damn....no more Hero)

Sadly I don't think Kassius did enough time to warrant an inclusion but who knows?
I'm the wind, baby.