Author Topic: Another quick No Show question  (Read 1315 times)

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
Another quick No Show question
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:33:49 PM »
Sorry for making another post, but this thought came to me after the other post was locked. I think I know how it works, but I want to check and see if I'm not way off base.

No Show's search resolves immediately, and at the end of your opponent's Pre-Match, you get the cards under it if they fit the requirements. After that, No Show goes back into the Backlash. That part's pretty clear, but after that comes a bit I need to check on.

Much like Managed by Regal, I believe you can fail to find a qualifying card, even if one is in your Backlash, and essentially replace No Show with no card. (for the purposes of, say, Break You against someone who resolves first) Is this correct, or am I misinterpreting the applicability of the ruling for Regal?
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +243/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
Re: Another quick No Show question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 02:41:07 PM »
The difference is: regal says search for up to 1 of each of the different listed cards, no show states: Search for 2 cards, you can find 2 cards in your deck, with regal it searching for specific types which are action/reversal/manuever, and you can just fail to find one of those types since there is no way for your opponent to prove you have those types of cards in your deck, but your opponent can prove you have 2 cards to search for in your deck so its a different type of searching then regal.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal

Online dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 02:46:53 PM »
Right. With No Show, they can tell there's two cards in the Arsenal. However, the arsenal search isn't the part I was questioning. I was questioning the requirement to play another Backlash deck card after removing No Show.

Since your opponent cannot determine if you have a non-unique, non-active Pre-Match card available, I'm thinking you can fail to find a card to replace No Show with. I wanted to check up on that aspect of the card, to see if I'm correct.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 02:48:44 PM »
You're missing the point, Mitch. He's asking if you can put No Show back into your Backlash deck and then play nothing, which is a resounding "yes". The contents of your Backlash deck are not public knowledge, so you can say that you have no legal card, even if there's 3 Old School Beatings and a Showtime in there, and your opponent cannot challenge you on that.

In the case of Break You, though, remember that No Show pops back into your Backlash deck at the end of your opponent's resolutions, not yours, so it'll still be in the Ring when he's Breaking you.

Lock.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.