Author Topic: Updated Proxies!  (Read 53138 times)

Offline niiiiick

• +13/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Proxies!
« Reply #325 on: June 17, 2016, 05:11:05 PM »
Chorus of Boos, Again With This Crap!?!?!, and You Knew It Would End This Way... to me seem like the best fit lol but I don't use any of those cards

Online Naitchng

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 17, 2016, 09:01:13 PM »
tough enough

Offline Nick0

• +22/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2016, 04:10:53 PM »

Is this one better? This is the best I could do...if it's good, I will try and figure out a card to use it on
I can't see any pic there :/

tough enough
Ok, I'll see what I can do with that one ;)

Offline niiiiick

• +13/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »
That's weird, it was just there the other day, ill try to fix it

Offline Smudge

• +1/-4
  • Good at mountain climbing, guitar solos and lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 07, 2016, 07:22:32 AM »
Are you still taking requests? I saw your HBK Retro stuff and they are amazing, was hoping you could do Tuning Up The Band to make it a full set though? Thanks
"Temperamental, passionate and impulsive all are terms by which Martyn would be known were he not larger than everyone else. Since he is, though, he is simply "the fat one.".

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2016, 07:28:32 AM »
Last he posted, it depends on his available time, but definitely helps (possibly requires) providing a picture for him to use.  It saves the legwork of looking for one.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Online CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2016, 08:18:28 AM »
He also posts a lot more stuff on his FB page, funny enough he did me a huge favor on Monday, was out to dinner with GF and we were doing a mock brand split draft where I was SD and she was Raw and I was stumbling for a choice and I got an alert he put a new card up, and it was Jericho drinking it in as a Premiere Raw Superstar and I went "oh YEAH, i'll take Jericho"....heh.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline maskedllama

• +62/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2016, 09:23:17 AM »
DUDE!!  That Liger on his FB page looks great!! 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline StraightEdge0722

• +9/-7
  • The Lucha Libre of the Raw Deal No Remorse Corps
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2016, 04:08:21 PM »
These look awesome, wish we could use these in real time... Great Job on the proxies man.
No Regrets, No Respect, No Remorse -Raw Deal's No Remorse Corps.

Offline Nick0

• +22/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 09, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »
Thanks for the good comments :)

Yeap, I prefer to upload them on FB, cause it's way more organized than here, so it's easier for people to find the cards :)

Offline PABLOOD

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 14, 2016, 09:02:12 AM »
Please Nick0 make the card... "For the Love of the Game"

Offline W4RP47H

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 28, 2017, 06:50:24 AM »
Are these cards legal for play?

Nope.  Feel free to use them in decks with friends.  Just dont bring them to Gen Con.

Stamping Buddha's post for correctitude. Proxies are not allowed in tournament play. A lenient TO might let you do it, if you had the original card in the sleeve behind the proxy, as a "reskin" of sorts, but the text of the original card would always take precedence over the text of the proxy.

Seems weird to allow "Virtual" cards, but then ban "proxies"...which are both homebrew printed cards, just one actually existed as a card. Or am I getting something wrong? Sorry I am just starting to play again.

Online CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 28, 2017, 06:59:40 AM »
Seems weird to allow "Virtual" cards, but then ban "proxies"...which are both homebrew printed cards, just one actually existed as a card. Or am I getting something wrong? Sorry I am just starting to play again.

It's more a playgroup choice at this point..... I've always been of the mindset of "I'm better than you should NOT be 'I have access to cards you can't get so HA HA on you' " there's not enough of us left at this point for that kinda crap, plus proxies are a godsend when I'm testing the new stuff

....the difference is though proxies and fantasy cards aren't actually made and tested by the folks who actually tested the real stuff back in the print days, and I know once I started to embrace the proxies I went from having 5-10 decks ready and tearing them apart for new guys, I just buy some more sleeves and proxy away and probably have close to a hundred decks built  8)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 28, 2017, 07:10:13 AM »
The tournament scene isn't what it used to be, so for casual play, if everyone is okay with it - no reason you can't choose to use some of the alternate art proxies.

In tournaments, however, the actual card should be there.  Sometimes people make errors in fantasy proxies, so having the real thing is necessary in case there's any question.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 28, 2017, 07:27:44 AM »
It's also worth noting that the proxies aren't always just alternate art. Sometimes people will reskin a given superstar as someone else, and what may seem like an aesthetic choice may actually have unintended gameplay consequences.

Say for example someone really wanted to play Kidman. Kidman was a high risk kind of guy, so they reskin Jeff Hardy as Billy Kidman. Slap Kidman's name and picture on the face card, start switching up card titles, and since Kidman was from WCW, they put the WCW logo on his card.

WRONG.

Now, all of a sudden, someone who doesn't realize what's going on has a Jeff Hardy that appears to be able to pack Halloween Havoc, and put cards under Where the Big Boys Play, and all the other benefits of being a WCW superstar. It's an error, based off an aesthetic choice, but it results in some things that aren't intended, and can get people into some deckbuilding trouble.

if you're careful, you can avoid this, but something like that could easily happen.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Online CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 28, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
Yeah I remember the Joey Ryan re-skin of the Sandman which allowed him to pack him cards that were blocked from the extreme icon :laugh:
but yeah, you gotta buyer beware when it comes to superstars, but when it comes to "crap I need Get the F Out's and I need them for tomorrow"...that's where the proxy guys are golden :)

Offline W4RP47H

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 28, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
Wow good job guys. Cogent arguments made on all sides nice. I like how this is a small but seemingly mature group, not necessarily in age but in demeanor.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 28, 2017, 09:37:17 AM »
We try to focus on having enough rules to manage things that need it, but still enable people to enjoy the game.  :)

There's so few of us left compared to what it once was, might as well get along and concentrate attention on having fun!

CREED