Author Topic: James Ellsworth  (Read 544 times)

Offline Neptune

• +0/-0
  • Manager for Albany, NY
    • View Profile
James Ellsworth
« on: November 24, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »
I haven't made fantasy cards in a long time and I haven't played any virtual cards, yet, so I have no idea how powerful (or incredibly weak) these cards are.  That said:

James Ellsworth
HS:2
SV:0
Ability:You cannot pack maneuvers of 3D+.  When you activate the card titled "Took That on the Chin", you may put that card in your ringside pile and shuffle 4 cards from your ringside pile into your arsenal.  Your opponent's non-Superstar-specific maneuvers with the word "chin" in the title deal 0D.   As long as you have exactly two cards in your hand, your non-unique reversals played from hand are -10F.

No Chin Music
Trademark Finisher/Reversal:Action or Antic
F:15
D:7
As a manuever, when successfully played, if your opponent has no cards in his hand, you win the game via pinfall.
As a reversal, this card is -10F.  Reverse any non-unique action or antic and end your opponent's turn.
RMS
Unique

ELLLLLLLLLLS-WORTH!
Pre-match Event
F:0
D:0
At the start of your first turn, if you have two or fewer cards in your hand and your opponent has more cards in his hand than you, he shuffles X cards from his hand into his arsenal, where X is the number of cards in his hand divided by 2 (rounded down).
Unique

Chin-derella Story
Action
F:12
Discard your hand, shuffle 12 cards from your ringside pile into your arsenal, and draw two cards.
If you have the card titled "Backstage Politics" in your ring area, do not discard your hand.
"He looks like a foot!" - AJ Styles
Unique

Any Man With Two Hands...
Mid-match Action
F:2
Cannot be reversed by hybrid reversal cards.
If you have exactly two cards in your hand, your opponent cannot repsond to the next card played from your hand this turn.
Otherwise, draw two cards and your next card played this turn is -5F.
Permanent
Unique

...Has a Fighting Chance!
Reversal
F:0
D:2
Can only be played when you have the card titled "Any Man With Two Hands..." in your ring area.
Reverse any non-unique maneuver and end your opponent's turn.  Draw two cards.
"Hopefully, you still have a career after tonight's match." - Byron Saxton
Unique

Character card: Nothing but the number two and puns about chins, as well as on most other cards.  The fortitude reduction is because Manger Interferes costs 10F.  It's like Dean Ambrose running in and distracting AJ Styles, but James hasn't done anything yet, except get beat up.  He can't back Spinebuster, though, so he can't abuse his reversal discount too much(?).

The TMF: It has to be a weak move, so it does 7D.  BUT it does seem to win him matches, so it has a win condition on it.  It's an empty hand because he has to catch his opponent with his proverbial pants down.  As a reversal, it bridges into his action at 12F.

Prematch card: It brings the other player's handsize down without letting him fill it back up like with "Armageddon is Upon Us".  It's worded funny to avoid you having more cards in your hand than your opponent when it resolves.  It only has to be a fighting chance, not a clear advantage.  Your opponent could also just try to play a lot of things on his turn, of course.

Action: Shoot Action gets you to 12F.  This card resets your hand to 2, so you can use your ability.

Midmatch and reversal: I don't like cards that say "can only be played if you have card X in your ring area" because I'd need to search for and successfully play the first card, then the second card, and it always feels like a lot of hoops to jump through.  This one is ready and waiting, so the second card doesn't seem really weak by comparison.  The midmatch effect is probably too strong.  I hope the requirement of 2 cards in hand makes it so you have fewer chances of having an absolute bombshell. The reversal seems properly superstar specific to me in the vein of Ultimo Rechazo and Chyna Interferes.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:08:35 PM by Neptune »
Need a dispenser here!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +308/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: James Ellsworth
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 11:53:40 PM »
I would add, "Your opponent's non-Superstar-specific maneuvers with "chin" in the title deal 0D." Slap a chin lock on Ellsworth? He has no chin, so he just slips right out unharmed.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline rachelmon

• +24/-20
  • woo woo woo, you know it!
    • View Profile
Re: James Ellsworth
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 02:06:54 AM »
I would add:

The Mascot of Team Smackdown Live
Pre-match Event
Can be played during any Pre-match phrase. Cannot be blanked.
When packing this card, you may play Premiere Smackdown Superstar regardless of Superstar Value.
When this card and Premiere Smackdown Superstar is in your Ring, your Underrated Superstar is blanked.
Your Starting Handsize is + 2 and your opponent's Starting Handsize is -2.
Unique
Permanent
Smackdown Logo
F:0 D:0

Backed by Dean Ambrose
Pre-match Event
Can be played during any Pre-match phrase. Cannot be blanked.
Cannot be played against Dean Ambrose or The Shield.
Your cards titled "Took That on the Chin" can be played as if it's a Strike maneuver. When you successfully played a card with that title, draw 2 cards and your opponent discard 1 card for every card with the word "Chin" in your Ring.
ACE: You may put the card titled "Took That on the Chin" from your Ring into your Ringside and put up to 2 non-unique cards with "Chin" from your Ringside pile into your hand.
Unique
Permanent
Smackdown Logo
F:0 D:0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:21:06 AM by rachelmon »