Author Topic: Raw Deal Re-Boot in Kentucky  (Read 277 times)

Offline vctrfs

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
Raw Deal Re-Boot in Kentucky
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:36:30 AM »
 I currently own a card shop and I have contacted some distributor's about getting in Raw Deal and I found some. I was thinking of promoting a raw deal re-boot in my shot. I was thinking of introducing both Premiere as well as backlash for now and then slowly dropping more and more sets, within a set time. I was wondering if anyone has heard of other shops doing this and if they have had any luck?

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Deal Re-Boot in Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 09:54:27 AM »
The store I play at in NJ is doing something like that.  My store owner thought the game was more fun before backlash decks were introduced, so he bought product and came up with what we call the "revival" format.  Basically only sets 1-9 and the promo/prize cards for those sets, all prematch, and only superstar specific midmatch are legal.  It's showtime, Fans Love an Underdog, and I Aims ta be Startin' Sump'tin' are the only three banned cards right now.  He has sold a decent amount of product and we play once a month.  The tournaments get at least 8 players and we have over 20 active players.  Let me know if you have any questions and a link to the format rules is below:

http://www.newworldmanga.com/raw-deal-revival/