Author Topic: Royal Rumble predictions/speculations/hope  (Read 204 times)

Offline Cythe

• +34/-23
  • Ohm nom nom
    • View Profile
Royal Rumble predictions/speculations/hope
« on: January 10, 2017, 02:43:57 PM »
So the Royal Rumble is catching a lot of hype and I want to tentatively have hope for it.  But it's difficult because it's hurt me in the past.  As in like the past 3-4 years.  The Rumble has absolutely sucked...which is unfortunate as it's always been one of my favorite events of the year ever since I was a kid.  Buuuut....this year has some potential and I'm gonna post some scenarios for the Rumble match that I'd like to call out now in case any of them come true and I look like a genius....or at the very least if it sucks again this year I can be like "this is what they should have done"

Here we go:

First few entrants 1-9 no real predictions here, typical rumble stuff.

Number 10:  This would be WWE's golden opportunity to call up Tye Dillinger.  He's super over right now, despite the losses.  His 10 chants are everywhere whether he's on the show or not.  If he came out AT number 10 the crowd would go absolutely ballistic.  Also make sure he gets some sort of key elimination that could spark a worthwhile feud.

However it will not be Tye's night....because somewhere midway through the rumble (14-16 range) after few total eliminations and the ring is filled with people is when Brock Lesnar comes out and starts manhandling everyone.  Typcical carnage scene with everyone going to one giant suplex city and him grandstanding amidst a pile of people.  If Chris Jericho was in the ring when Lesnar's music hits, he ducks out under the ropes.  This allows a re-establishing of Lesnar's image as a total badass since the last time we saw him he got his ass kicked.

Lesnar throws everyone out to "reset" the rumble, next 2-3 hapless people run out and get "victimized" one by one  ("Elimination, repeat!" as PH said) until Goldberg's music hits in the early 20's/late 10's to the uproarious chants of the crowd and plenty of time for full pyro.  Epic confrontation, starting with Brock jumping Bill on the way in the ring and giving him a beating, never letting him get going.  This goes for a minute, much to the delight of Paulrous....then next entrant come out.  Could be anyone.  (if it's Jericho, he comes down holds his hands up from a look at the ring and never enters...preferring to wait..in which case it's 2 more minutes of beat up Bill until yet another entrant)  Someone comes out, a face, and "interupts" Brock long enough for Brock to have to eliminate him, this give Goldberg the distraction he needs to mount a comeback and knock the both of them out of the ring for a double elimination which continues in epic violence outside the ring until they battle their way to the back while the rumble builds back up for a finale.  Whoever it was that "distracted" Brock gets called out by Paulrous on the Raw after the Rumble and gets absolutely "victimized" by Brock as blame/retribution.  And gives Paul plenty of ammo to talk smack on Bill saying that Brock had him beaten/broken yadda yadda.

(If Jericho was there for the battle of the titans he can take this time to get in or stay out a bit) People start coming in the back half, likely including Kofi since we have to have his rumble gimmick of creative ways to dodge an elimination.  A few real hopefuls and contenders and wow moments to hook the people back into the Rumble itself and not just the Brock/Bill show.  But ultimately I believe the winner of the match to be....a returning Finn Balor.  Late entry, showdown with Jericho, who up until Finn looked like he had a chance to win it and once again tease the WWE universe with a Jeri/KO feud.

The wild card that I just can't quite fit?  Braun Strowman.  He has a few ways he can work into a good rumble match.  What I'd prefer NOT to happen, but likely will is that he'll be in there before or after the Brock/Bill show, mush some people, and then get eliminated by Sami Zayn.  I think better uses would be: A. Comes out early, beats people up, toys with them, a few key elimations (member of the New Day or something) and gets upset eliminated by a picture perfect dropkick from Tye Dillinger.  B.  Is out there when Brock Lesnar comes out, epic face off, but ultimately eliminated by Brock to help re-establish Brock's badassery.  C.  Post B/B show juggernaut that looks like he's going to win until he's either upset eliminated by Jericho or Finn, or teamed up on by a couple faces...like Cesaro and Big E or something.

Anyways, that's some of the things I could see happening and kinda hope does.  I do NOT want Bill or Brock to win because I don't think that the Bill/Brock match a wrestlemania should be the main event.  if one of them wins, then the other just wins the championship between now and WM to make it the main event...we'd all see that coming and would make the PPVs in between pointless.  Plus the match has superstar draw power without being a title main event, sorta like a streak match of old.  You wanna see it as much as you want to see the main event.   Plus I feel like they will bring Finn back right the same way they did when he got called up, meteoric push to the title.  I wouldn't mind if it was someone else, but no one else makes sense right now.

What do you guys think?  You agree with any of this?  Or think it's all wishful thinking?

Online Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +72/-67
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Rumble predictions/speculations/hope
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:01:49 PM »
Before he nabbed the US title I had Jericho locked for winning this thing. At the moment I'll have to go with:

RAW:

One of the New Day
Finn Balor (if healed)

Smackdown:

Bray Wyatt
Barron Corbin
Dolph Ziggler
The Miz

NXT:

Samoa Joe

Surprise Entrant Win: Kurt Angle
I'm the wind, baby.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +467/-365
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:06:08 PM »
With the Undertaker's proclamation last night on Raw, that he's winning and going to main event WM, I have this sick feeling that while the Rumble will be fun, I won't like who wins it.  Granted, that's been the case the last few years, but still...

If I was booking it, Samoa Joe debuts and wins, to set up a match vs. AJ Styles at Mania.  Taker/Cena and Brock/Goldberg happen anyway, but the part-timers stay the hell away from the belts.  No idea what the 'big match' is, but this feels like another year where they'll have the old-timers headline and make all the new talent take a back seat (see also: CM Punk), because while Smackdown is great lately and NXT is amazing, WWE as a whole never seems to learn.

CREED
Virtual Holiday Set 2: Fastlane Now Available!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online rated SRH

• +17/-14
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:29:36 PM »
Final four
Strowman
Ellsworth- It's gonna happen.
Undertaker
Cesaro

IF* Kurt Angle shows up he's definitely gonna be there late.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Rip

• +9/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »
in my opinion the final four will be...

Kurt Angle
Chris Jericho
Finn Balor
and Taker

as for the winner, I say Angle wins, he has never won and to be honest he deserves a Rumble win, and think about a main event of Mania either Styles vs Angle  or KO vs Angle....either match would be great!

Offline CRASHER

• +76/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:13:26 PM »
Styles and Angle at Wrestlemania would be such sweet justice for a long time TNA defender like myself :)

I still think if he's healthy Balor wins....but only if somehow Roman loses to Owens, I think Balor Owens for the title makes sense and the WWE can "justify it" with all this 'member berry garbage that has me not watching Raw anymore....though that aside, Taker and Goldberg would be a fascinating train wreck.....
When life gives you lemons turn around and kick it in the nuts and yell I WANTED A BEER female dog!!!!