Author Topic: TNA: CROSS THE LINE  (Read 68925 times)

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
  • It'S aLl PaRt Of ThE pLaN.,.,.,
    • View Profile
TNA: CROSS THE LINE
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:31:48 PM »
this time i will keep up and i will be spoiling a new superstar every day, i'm hopeful to get the next two new wave finished by the time we get to the end..
So without anymore ado...
this is TNA, CROSS THE LINE!

And first up from my original wave (i'm almost embarrassed to show these cards now, but they do improve and become more balanced as we go on)

(if sizing is an issue just let me know and i'll change it)
thanks All comment (als long as they arin't too harsh) welcomed
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:32:35 PM by thedemonkiller »
Death comes to us all, when he came to me, he offered me a job..

http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,5278.0.html - trade list

http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,6519.0.html - my TNA fantasy card thread over 30, 000 (and counting) views... People love to CROSS THE LINE

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +306/-213
  • Oh Yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Return of me and my TNA cards (with images)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »
The HTML code doesn't work on a forum page, use BBCode instead.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-28
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:37:59 AM »
spoilers meaning these cards are in revo 5?
**2013 & 2016 RAW DEAL WORLD CHAMPION**

1/2 2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

09' Dark Tower Revo 4 Qualifier Champion!

4 TIME Dark Tower Champion!

7 TIME Allentown PA Champion!

2 TIME Legendary Realms Supershow Champion!

3 TIME T.C.O L.O.I Champion!

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +467/-365
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 05:49:02 AM »
NO NO NO NO NO.

This is a set of Fantasy Cards, nicely done ones, but a set this gentleman was working on .. what last year?  A while back anyway.  And I guess he's going to post more of them he's done.

But no, this has no affiliation with the RDPC produced sets, Revo 4, and later this year Revo 5.

CREED
Virtual Holiday Set 2: Fastlane Now Available!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:54:57 AM »
Apologies about the mistake with HTML, cards are now up, and no this is stand alone and independent from Creed.

Seeing as a botched up, yesterday here are both Homicide and Hernandez for today

(the first card i ever made)

and finally the ultra rare, ultra powerful card for all three:

Oh and thanks Creed a compliment like that, coming from literally the master.. very cool :D

tomorrow A J Styles (both next 2 waves have 10 cards a piece, i don't really know why, but as with real Raw Deal i will be carrying over past superstars in the set (so there will be a card for Homicide, Hernandez and LAX each in the next set)

http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,6519.0.html - my TNA fantasy card thread over 30, 000 (and counting) views... People love to CROSS THE LINE

Online BigPimpin

• +170/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »
Good thing these are only fantasy cards, because Hernandez is BUS-TED.

Blow through BL reversals and proceed to roll opponent with Powers, Bombs, and Slams. 

Though if Homicide can hit Notorious 187 on his opponent early, GG.
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Have_A_Nice_Day

• +0/-0
  • BANG! BANG!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »
i think if thats gonna be hernandezs ability you should make it like mr. ppv when you successfully play a card with the word power,bomb, or slam in the title end your turn. or make it so they can only be reversed from opponents hand or backlash other then that they are freaking awesome glad u put them up good job demonkiller!!!

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
Bigpimpin and Have a Nice day you both have a point.
To that end Hernandez ability now reads

"Your cards with the word turn "Power", "bomb" or "slam" in the title can only be reversed from your opponents backlash deck or arsnal, whenever you sucessfully play a card with the word "power", "bomb" or "slam" in the title and it is not the first card played this trun you must end you turn."

Is that better? or do you feel it's still to strong?

Offline Have_A_Nice_Day

• +0/-0
  • BANG! BANG!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 12:52:11 AM »
it looks good 2 me do u plan on making a foley remake?

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 04:00:44 AM »
Foley is in my sights somewhere in the future however here is today's cards A J Styles (i have 3 versions for one of his cards so i will just stick all 3 up)

and finally a the ultra rare for Homicide:

Tomorrow, Samoa Joe, and if you happen to know Joe, don't tell him, if he finds out he will kill me (i know a bad joke)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 04:10:15 AM by thedemonkiller »

Offline ziggy zenf

• +21/-21
  • I'm.....from Earth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 07:21:58 AM »
I think, and this is my opinion so feel free to disregard it because you made the cards, that AJ's ability should be cut down to the next 2 manuvers can only be reversed from hand.

And since you're getting 6 cards with Phenominal Entrance, you're opponent should go first.
WWJD
What Would Justin Do

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »
I can accept that, i tried to make it with AJ's Ability that once he gets rolling he is hard to stop, but i think it's a fair comment and i would change AJ's ability to that, but then i would want to change it to only one card discarded and i think it's a high price to pay to lose two for maybe not to be able to play two, two for one is more cool, to me, but i'm open to opinion.
and i can see what you mean about Entrance i might change it so it's "when your opponents superstar rating is lower then your opponents superstar rating.."
then "when your opponents superstar rating is higher then your superstar rating you start the game and your first card played of the game cannot be revered".

Offline CRASHER

• +76/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
AJ Styles might be the most single busted thing I've ever seen... that deck could win first turn with barley even trying and there ain't a damn thing you could do about it :o

even with no ability and those cards he's kinda absurd (but tolerable)
When life gives you lemons turn around and kick it in the nuts and yell I WANTED A BEER female dog!!!!

Online BigPimpin

• +170/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 02:26:55 PM »
Yeah, I'd edit AJ's ability to modify it to be one maneuver per turn to start, and even then, the only deck that's similar in premise (New Age Outlaws) has a much more significant cost.  Balancing must be done to that ability.

Aside from that, his cards need significant balancing, to the tune of:
  • His Pre-match nets him a +6 hand size essentially.  Too much with no drawback.
  • His action is a ridiculous drawing card that needs some kind of cap on it
  • And while, by itself, Spiral Tap is balanced, when taken in context with the ability + Styles' crown, is what I'd call game-ending.
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 04:36:56 PM »
ok i should explain, the first 2 sets (mostly Joe and A J) are busted, this is because when i made them i didn't really think about balance and things of that nature, but i thikn i'm getting better, but i will leave that up to you, i know Joe is busted, but i am open to improvments.

A J i will be dropping down to one manuver a turn, and removing one card from his ringside pile from the game.

The pre-match now will have that your opponent starts the game and you cannot play manuver cards for the first turn of the game also.

The Prince of Phinominal will have the text "Draw cards equal to your superstar value +2. your opponent discards half that many cards."

I am thinking about adding to A J's Crown "your next non-unique" but i'm also thinking about leaving it as Spiral Tap is sometimes a match ender.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 04:39:51 PM by thedemonkiller »

Offline Camulus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
Just some thoughts on how to edit AJ.

HS 8
SV 4
Superstar Ability:
Discard two cards.  If your next card played is a non-unique maneuver, it can only be reversed from hand.
Your high-risk maneuvers are not branded.
You may pack face and heel high-risk maneuvers.
You may pack Tomko Interferes.

Phenomenal Entrance - Prematch card
Your Hand Size is -6.
Your Superstar Value is +2.
At the end of the Prematch phase, search your Arsenal for up to one of each: non-unique strike, non-unique grapple, non-unique submission, non-unique high-risk, non-unique reversal and non-unique, non-hybrid action.  The maneuvers searched for may not have the word "reverse" in the text.  Reveal them to you opponent, put them in your hand and shuffle your arsenal.
Unique

Prince of Phenomenal
Action
F: 0
D: 0
You draw # number of cards equal to your Superstar value + 2.  Your opponent draws half that amount rounded up.  Put # number cards from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal.  Your opponent discards # cards.
Unique

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:49:46 PM by Camulus »

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
  • 2004! Neutral Ground Qualifier Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »
better make it non unique moves without reverse in its text

Offline Camulus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 07:50:08 PM »
Fair enough.

Fixed.

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 08:01:48 PM »
cause that would make him a boot lace & german suplex beast and he only hits spiral tap once in a blue moon

Offline Camulus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »
Oh, no, I understood what you meant.  Either it was hard to reverse maneuvers straight to hand, or maybe a wall of hurty reversals.  I just didn't think of that when I posted, but looked pretty obvious once you pointed it out.

Besides that, what do you think?

Offline JaysonPhenix

• +32/-59
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 08:09:39 PM »
reversals are overpowered and busted

Offline Camulus

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »
Well, I meant my interpretations, but ok, lets look at the reversals.

The Pele Kick
Midmatch High Risk/ Reversal: Strike or Grapple
Reversal: This card is +5F.
F: 10
D: 10
Unique

The Fastest on His Feet...
Midmatch Action+Action/ Reversal: non-unique
Action: You may ignore the "Can only be played after" text on the next maneuver played on your turn.
Reversal: Requirement: Not your opponent's first or second card played.
When successfully played, search your Arsenal for the card titled '...Or in the Air', reveal it to your opponent, and shuffle your Aresenal.
F: 0
Unique

Triple Crown DDT
Grapple+High Risk/Reversal: hybrid Set-Up, card titled Irish Whip
Maneuver: Draw up to 3 cards.  If played after the cards titled From the Top Rope, From the Middle Rope or Irish Whip, your opponent discards 3 cards.
F: 10
D: 10
Unique

Fosbury Flop
High Risk/Reversal: card played after a Set-up
Maneuver: Requirement: Played after a Set-up or after a 5D or greater maneuver.
F: 8
D: 8
Unique

...Or in the Air
Action/Reversal: non-unique maneuver
Action: Shuffle up to # number of cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal where # is equal the number of High Risks in you Ring.
Reversal: After reversing a card, remove this card from game.
F: 5
Unique

Phenomenal Means Better
Reversal: non-Trademark Finisher
Reversal: Completely reverse the card.  After being successfully played and damage has been applied, your opponent may search his Ringside and out of game for up to 5 cards and shuffle them into his Arsenal.
F: 5
D: 5
Unique

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 04:34:21 AM »
Hummm all comments are welcomed And obviously the more you guys say the more i can improve the cards and so the better the play at my end is :) So thanks updates will be coming once I've uploaded some more of the cards as i'm sure there will be lots of other corrections you guys think i should make. And now here he is Samoa Joe (Let the word Busted come)

I have changed this to you discard two, they discard one, if it's a reversal they overturn a card.

I've also changed this so it's "if the first card or second card of the game is a submission maneuver of 5 Damage or less"

I'm thinking about putting you may removes as many cards as your opponent has in his hand from your ringside pile from the game he must discard that many cards.

The reason i have this as no hand/bl is that Joe doesn't usually get stopped doing it until the last one when he is running across the ring, if any at all.

that should be any non-unique card or any action.

And now Hernandez card :

Tomorrow Abyss and the introduction of card support for Ex-WWE guys who have gone to TNA: Raven, Booker, Angle, Christian, Stiner
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:31:34 AM by thedemonkiller »

Online BigPimpin

• +170/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 05:08:56 AM »
With the changes you proposed in-line, I'd be OK with this as an alpha deck aside from some re-wording issues.  Things I forsee as possible issues and would test first:

• I don't think Samoan Submission Machine and Joe's Gonna Kill You will work as intended as actions, since I think once the card hits the ring area it doesn't remember how it got there (right Creed\Daeva?)
  • You could probably combine the pre-match half of Submission Machine with the Tribal Entrance, and then just have the Action part of SSM be a 12F Mid-Match Action, with perhaps an added effect (Draw?) on it.
  • I agree that the Towel has to come at a cost, and I think you nailed it with the remove from game thing.  But I'd be a little concerned, perhaps, about the auto-loss factor of being on Joe's entrance + Towel + say, <R> Underestimate the Competition or Givin' Em High Fives Original.  Basically the Angles, Christians, BPP, and TNA stars have no protection from a rolling.
  • Face Wash might have to be toned down some.  A triple multi + no hand or BL is pretty strong, and Throw into the Corner is a lot easier to hit now since R4 came out.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +306/-213
  • Oh Yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 01:30:38 PM »
  • I don't think Samoan Submission Machine and Joe's Gonna Kill You will work as intended as actions, since I think once the card hits the ring area it doesn't remember how it got there (right Creed\Daeva?)

Yeah, exactly. Once a card actually makes it to the Ring, it has no "memory" of what mode it's played in.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.