Author Topic: TNA: CROSS THE LINE  (Read 69911 times)

Offline rumpelstiltskin

• +7/-15
  • I'ma Digital Designer & a Filmmaker
    • View Profile
Re: TNA: CROSS THE LINE
« Reply #475 on: December 16, 2012, 10:10:06 AM »
WOW! TNA IMPACT cards are promising...i hope someone could start the production & bring the "Raw Deal Impact" start running in the markets again...then everyone will witness a massive number of players once a gain. :) you have my vote in it.
I'm FilmMaking Student, working to be a ScreenWriter, Director, Producer for TV & Film Industry. Picked Up Radio DJing, Still Learning.
Now i'm doing my Diploma in Visual Effects & Motion Graphics
Journey Continues...

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +468/-365
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 16, 2012, 11:02:23 AM »
Oh.  Another 'Raw Deal should make a comeback!' post.

I'm too tired of doing this to write it all out again, but the short version is ... nothing magically appears.  The process of creating physical Raw Deal cards involves business decisions, and there aren't enough sales in CCG (which is losing steady business to internet-based gaming already) to warrant pitching this product, especially to 1) TNA, who already has a 'card game' in the works, 2) a game company, again, CCGs are a declining market, and 3) to Mike Foley, who holds the Raw Deal engine rights.

...but yeah, the TNA cards he makes are pretty cool, heh.

CREED
Virtual Holiday Set 2: Fastlane Now Available!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
  • It'S aLl PaRt Of ThE pLaN.,.,.,
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 16, 2012, 12:46:45 PM »
thank you for the compliment?
and Creed don't do it....
IT'S A TRAP!
Death comes to us all, when he came to me, he offered me a job..

http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,5278.0.html - trade list

http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,6519.0.html - my TNA fantasy card thread over 30, 000 (and counting) views... People love to CROSS THE LINE

Offline dazzav1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 13, 2013, 03:10:43 AM »
is their anyway to get a pdf of james storm and when done aries? like those cards

Offline G-Fresh

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 13, 2013, 03:43:22 AM »
Credit for the effort, but half of those cards are either not named correctly, or heaps of spelling mistakes, and a couple of the cards the wrestlers have have only done once or twice - sorry to nit pick.

Cool concepts, would be good to have a consulting person on this.

Keep up the great effort on the cards. Some good ideas.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +308/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 13, 2013, 04:18:36 AM »
There's a good reason for the spelling errors, which is already covered in the thread. As for making stuff that "the wrestlers have only done once or twice"... have you seen every house show, spot show, TNA pay-per-view, and Impact taping? No?

It's really easy to come in here and criticize without any effort of your own. I've seen the time and effort that goes into Demon Killer's stuff, he isn't just shoving words onto a card because he likes the way that they look.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline G-Fresh

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 13, 2013, 04:27:10 AM »
Not trying to fault him, he's doing a good job, just like to see a communal input for everyone to assist in some way. I'm impressed by the cards he's produced a lot. I didn't mean to come across in a negative way. It's hard to stats what I mean over a forum.

As I said in my post, he's doing a good job by showing his enthusiasm and passion for the game :)

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 13, 2013, 10:16:53 AM »
As I've said many times before, I'm open to suggestions for cards, names and ideas (I've had suggestions before and developed on them).
As for the spelling thing, lets not go over that again?
And finally, I try and put up cards for people who have said or done things at least 2 or 3 times, there are exceptions (Robbie E's actions being one of them) but in justification there are cards in Raw Deal that I've never heard of, when did Christian say “I Ani't No Sucka Neitha?” , when was Grapple With Your Faith a move that Shawn hit? How is The Chain Gang: Hustle, Loyalty, & respect a strike? (I'm obviously, not trying to misrepresent anyone on this board or any other that put time or effort into the real cards, I love them all, for every reason, I'm just using them to prove my point)

However comments and thoughts are always welcomed no matter what form they take. So thanks, I'm just waiting for the spoilers for Nxt to calm before I put up the next set of cards.

I remember when I first started making these cards, years ago now, and looking at them they are the most unbalanced things I've ever seen, I hope with time I've got better and even improved those original cards with the reprints I've done, however I'm still thankful that the guys of this board were graceful and kind enough not to just shoot me down.

http://www.teamcanadaonline.net/index.php/topic,6519.0.html - my TNA fantasy card thread over 30, 000 (and counting) views... People love to CROSS THE LINE

Offline G-Fresh

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 13, 2013, 03:36:50 PM »
you're doing a good job man. Keep it up.

Should eventually do remakes of Kaz & Daniels, make "Bad Influence" Superstar/persona cards.

Offline G-Fresh

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 13, 2013, 03:39:16 PM »
and the next sueprstar to be made is...

Interesting concept for the Card :)

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:47 PM »
here are the next 3 superstar cards (sets are just being tweaked)

Offline G-Fresh

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 10, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »
Love the idea Behind both Bully & LOTSG - you should produce PDF's of these Cards dude!

Aries is good to, massively over powered.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +308/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 10, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »
So if Bully Ray is up against Lawler, he never draws cards for his turn?
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Smudge

• +1/-4
  • Good at mountain climbing, guitar solos and lying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 11, 2013, 06:34:46 AM »

It seems that way, Surely you could plan for that inevitability though by packing New York, New York maybe?

Or tweak the ability slightly, stating that it's the difference in your SSV and your opponent's +1?
"Temperamental, passionate and impulsive all are terms by which Martyn would be known were he not larger than everyone else. Since he is, though, he is simply "the fat one.".

Online BigPimpin

• +170/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2013, 07:00:35 AM »

It seems that way, Surely you could plan for that inevitability though by packing New York, New York maybe?

Or tweak the ability slightly, stating that it's the difference in your SSV and your opponent's +1?

There's always putting some kind of support card in his set that says "When you draw no cards for your Draw Segment, do something nice."
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Rein

• +47/-54
  • Stop calling me Teen Wolf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2013, 05:56:18 PM »
Is there any Robbie E in this thread?  I must have overlooked him if he was

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 12, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »
Is there any Robbie E in this thread?  I must have overlooked him if he was

Robbie was in the last, last wave with Brian Kendrick and Doug Williams :)

Offline maskedllama

• +61/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 03, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »

First off, the picture "leaving" the framed area gives this card a really unique look that I enjoy.  Second, given the increase in fort to non-high risk manuevers, I feel that this card is VERY dangerous, but I suppose that's part of the appeal. Danger comes with any High Risk deck and this card feels like it'd play well in any high risk deck. 
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline thedemonkiller

• +23/-20
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 09, 2013, 01:18:54 PM »
and so it begins again...